Sunday, November 25, 2012

A taste of Gaza

At this moment in time i find myself in an airforce base outside Beer Sheba. A four minute flight from the gaza strip. there is a serious conflict/operation in motion. constant rocket sirens and constant stress. its more than an underestimate saying that there is a lot of tension in the air. its almost unberable the waiting. Knowing that something will come but not knowing what it is or when it will come. For me personally it has been a new experience. so much stress that you dont know what to do with it. It controls you, overcomes your choices and desires. I feel...................exhausted, removed from society, scared and tense. 4 minutes. Thats what is separating me from the insanity of the gaza strip. im not exactly sure why i feel so stressed except for the obvious, but the work is not what worries me or makes me feel tense i think its just the pent up feelings of tension...the unknown no matter what im here together with my boys. itll be okay this is what we trained for. I knew this could happen when i came. when i signed up. now its time to follow it through if you want to protect what's going on here then you gotta live through this. The question is, is it worth it? When do we say enough is enough?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I am giving you every place you will step on with the sole of your foot, as I said to Moshe. All the land from the desert and the L'vanon to the geat river, the Euphrates River - all the land of the Hitti - and on to the Great Sea in the west will be your territory. No one will be able to withstand you as long as you live. Just as I was with Moshe, so I will be with you. I will neither fail you nor abandon you. Be strong, be bold; for you will cause this people to inherit the land I swore to their fathers I would give them." from the book of Y'hoshua

      Delete